Saturday, January 23, 2010

A New Attitude

There are a number of reasons why a person would change their name. Read the "Top 10 Reasons People Change Their Names." Whether it is for legal, religious, or confidence issues, changing your name takes a lot of thought and consideration. Many individuals research the meaning of various names, play with the vocalization of possible names while focusing on their image, and ask those closest to them for feedback on the name/s they anticipate adopting.

My cousin changed her name for "spiritual" not religious reasons. My son's father changed his name to disconnect from his past of abuse by his father, "wink" or as he says. I can't say I was very accepting of either of their actions, though I should have been because it was their choice. I personally love my birth name and would feel that I rejected my parents if I were to change it. But guess what people, I am changing my name to Sister A'isha! (LOL, not legally!)

The Galagogo Goal: Change your name. Just ask yourself what name would best suit you with its meaning and vocal rhythm. Ask those closest to you what name would they believe would suit you as an alias or avatar name. When you choose your avatar name walk in that new attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment